Whole Plant Extract Paste – Finding your optimal CBD dose
Low and slow is the way to go with cbd dosing. Increasing your dosage slowly allows you to find your ‘sweet spot’ – the dosage where you find relief. Then there is no need to carry on increasing. Paste is much stronger than oil, it is a concentrated extract. One grain of rice size of paste equals approx 4/5 drops of oil. If, for example, you are using cbd brothers green edition paste to start off, a grain of rice dose is 7mg cbd. One drop of the green oil is 1.4mg. Quite a big difference. For beginners I think the size of a match head is a good way to describe a dose.
This is an approximate guide and as we all react differently please listen to your bodies. Some people might require a slower approach. If you increase too quickly you might suffer adverse effects like headaches or nausea, if this happens just go back to a smaller dose.
Please leave at least a 2 hour gap between cbd and medications. Some medications, like blood thinners, it’s advised to leave a 4 hour gap. Please consult your doctor if unsure of drug interactions.
- 1st week – only a tiny bit, a match head, half of a piece of short grain rice ish .. 2 x day
- 2nd Week – 2 match heads/half a short grains of rice 2 x day
- 3rd Week – 2 match heads/half a short grain rice 3 x day
- 4th Week – 1 short grain rice 2 x day
- 5th Week – 1 short grain rice 3 x day
Please don’t be put off if the effects aren’t quick enough for you. It can take quite a while for cbd to start working properly. Please persevere as it’s sooo worth it! If you do suffer adverse reactions it might be due to something called the Herxheimer reaction . This is when your body detoxes at a faster rate than normal – which can happen when first starting on cbd. Take it as a good sign tho as it’s your body clearing out toxins.
CBD Oil – Finding your optimal CBD dose
- Start with a low dose oil, 5% or less, a drop or 2 (5-10mg) and see how your body reacts
- Take the same dosage for a week to give your body time to respond
- Record and keep track of how much CBD you took, when, and how you were feeling before and after
- Adjust the dosage and experiment with a slightly higher dose the following weeks to see how your body responds
- Don’t dramatically increase dose, the optimal dose is the minimum amount to feel desired effect
- If you feel any discomfort, reduce dosage
- Remember, CBD can have a subtle effect, there isn’t a ‘high’ or dramatically noticeable effect like THC (recreational cannabis)
- 1st week 1 drop 3 x day,
- 2nd week 2 drops 3 x day,
- 3rd week 3 drops 3 x day,
- 4th week 4 drops 3 x day